LOWEST AIR FARE GUARANTEED | CERTIFIED HOTELS IN MAKKAH & MADINA | AIR CONDITIONED TRANSPORT | CHEAPEST UMRAH VISA | APPROVED AGENT BY MINISTRY OF HAJJ
PILGRIMAGE TO MAKKAH: THE PRECAUTIONS AND THE RISKS
Here are some safety measures to respect during your pilgrimage to makkah:
- In the hot desert (Mina, Arafat. Muzdalifah,), keep away from walking barefoot and lying directly on the ground. To avoid germs, always consider of a groundsheet.
- Avoid any kind of contact with animals, even the domestic ones: rabies is wide-spread universal. Even though its major vectors are the dogs, all mammals (cats, monkeys, bats, camels…) can easily transmit the serious virus responsible for the severe disease. This is contained in the animal's saliva. Defend yourselves from insect bites. Apply a repellent on the exposed parts of your body and wear long-sleeved garments (if you are not in the state of Ihram).
- Take time to rest on arrival and between the phases of your pilgrimage.
- Be careful and avoid with extended and strong physical efforts under scorching weather.
- Protect yourself from the sun and sun waves by wearing a cap, sunglasses, lightweight clothing made with clear-colour-natural fibres; and by applying sun filter cream on the exposed portions of skin like hand, foot and face (When you are not in the state of Ihram).
- Be careful with the beggars. Try to differentiate the "real" needy from the swindlers who come with prepared speech.
- Mind the stones in the stoning ritual (rami al jamaraat), even though, the Saudi authorities are taking more and more effectual measures to assure this zone during the pilgrimage Hajj and Umrah.
After you return back from the pilgrimage
You have to look for your doctor or consult the nearest hospital or emergency department to your home at the least discomfort, especially in case of fever, neck, stiffness, headache nausea and vomiting.
Pilgrimage and health
The performance of pilgrimage is not only physically tiring but also very risky. Huge gathering of pilgrims often coming from hot zones, intense crowding, necessary local food (the bringing in of foodstuff is prohibited), as well as exhausting and hot climatic conditions, are factors, among others, favourable to the direct or indirect transmission of transferable diseases. Hygiene precautions must prevail for Hajj as for Umrah and are, hence, very important prerequisites to any journey to Saudi Arabia.In respecting the suggested precautions of hygiene, you limit the risks.
An authentic certificate of vaccination dating of between 3 years and 10 days is required from all the pilgrims going to city Makkah.It is easily available at the approved and registered vaccination centres (TAU: temporary authorization of make use of). You cannot therefore be inoculated at your regular doctor's.Unluckily, pilgrims often do not take the other vaccinations which are not decreed essential by the Saudi authorities.