Once a person arrives at the Meeqat station, whether this is by land or by air they should put on the required clothing of Ihram. A man may apply perfume on his body before entering into the state of Ihram, if he chooses, but not on his Ihram garments. He must not apply perfume after entering the state of Ihram.
Before leaving the Miqat station, pilgrim would then begin to chant the Talbiyah. They continue to chant this until they reach the Holy Kabah and begin to perform the Tawaaf (circumambulation). A man is to uncover his right shoulder during the Tawaaf.
Thereafter one is to Tawaaf or circumambulation around the Holy Kabah 7 times; each time begins from the Hajr-e-Aswad (Black Stone). It's a Sunnah to kiss Hajr-e-Aswad, Pilgrim is not required to physically touch or kiss Black stonr, but when one is in line with it, they start their circumambulation or tawaaf at that point. During the Tawaf one must be mindful of ALLAH Almighty, asking of Him and begging for His mercy. Pilgrim should avoid all kind of idle talk and laughter, for this maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity which must not be squandered heedlessly!
It is praiseworthy for pilgrim men to walk with a faster pace in the first 3 rounds. When the 7th round is finished, pilgrim should cover their shoulder and perform a two rakat nafil namaz behind Maqam-e-Ibraheem (Station of Ibraheem). If this is not possible (due to huge crowds) then a person can also pray anywhere in the Mosque.
After the prayer one must drink the water of Zamzam for it is blessed. With this, the first part of the Umrah is complete. Then person reaches to hill of safa and marwa to perform saaee.
Indeed, as-Safa and al-Marwah are among the symbols of ALLAH. So whoever makes Hajj to the House or performs 'umrah - there is no blame upon him for walking between them. And whoever volunteers good - then indeed, ALLAH is appreciative and Knowing.
After this, pilgrim walks towards the slight incline on the hill of Safa and then faces the Holy Kabah. This is a time where dua (supplication) is accepted and one must repeat their prayers 3 times.
After this, a person must walk between the hills of Safa and Marwa and run between the green coloured lights, until they reach the hill of Marwa. Here pilgrim is to supplicate as they did at the hill of Safa. This round between the hills of Safa and Marwa is considered one round; a person does 7 trips starting from Safa and ending at Marwa.
The last step in the Umrah is to shave the head hair for a man and to clip a little portion for a woman. With this the Umrah is completed.
Following are the important summarized information for those who is going to perform Umrah as some time authentic information is hard to find.
Summarization: - * Where ever niyyat or intention word is used, it should be done from heart. It would be excellent if to read or say niyat words from mouth.
* Do niyyat for Ihram and for umrah.
* Pray 2 or 4 rakat nafil namaz before leaving.
* Have Ihram before entering haram hudood i-e before or at station of meeqat.
* Offer 2 rakaat namaz.
* Say talbiyah i.e. labbaik (atleast 3 times just a bit loud for men, for female in her slow voice that she can hear just)
* Recite Durood.
* Before entering into Masjid-al-Haraam, recite dua for entering in Masjid.
* On first sight on Holy Kaaba, pray (dua) whatever you want in any language. Ask from ALLAH Almighty because ALLAH wants you to ask.
Say subhanALLAH, ALLAH-o-Akbar, Durood
* For starting tawaaf, do niyyat for tawaaf (Mendatory). Wuzu is mandatory for Tawaaf. Preferably remain ba-wuzu through out the period of performing all the rituals of Umrah.
* Go to Hajr-e-Aswad or Black Stone (Stone from Jannah). If possible kiss, if not possible then just touch it or point out to it (that is known as istilaam).
* Now start your first circle (round) of tawaaf (circumambulation).
* Before reaching Hajr-e-Aswad (Black Stone) there is a corner of Holy Kaaba called Rukn-e-Yamani. If possible touche it else move forward to Hajr-e-Aswad and recite Rabanna aatina dua.
* Now start your 2nd chakkar (round) for tawaaf (circumambulation) from Hajr-e-Aswad in the similar way after kissing Hajr-e-Aswad or doing istilaam.
* Complete all remaining rounds. After completing seventh round go to Muqaam-e-Ibraheem. Offer 2 rakaat Namaz, if not makrooh time.
* Now go to Multazim. Place between Hajr-e-Aswad and Baab-e-Kaaba (Door of Holy Kaaba). Recite dua and ask whatever you want in your language from ALLAH Almighty.
* Now go to well of ZamZam water. Drink as much as you can and then do dua.
* Now go for saaee. Saaee is running between the hill Safa and Marwa. After reaching Safa, face towards the Holy Kaaba, recite dua, then do saaee niyyat. Now starts going towards Marwa for initial saee chakkar (round).
* While going to Marwa there is an area known as Sabz-Mailain marked by green coloured lights. For men walk quickly like run a bit as to follow the Sunnat of Bibi Hajra.
* After reaching Marwa your initial round is complete. Now face towards Holy Kaaba and recites dua then starts walk towards Safa.
* After reaching Safaa your 2nd round is compete. Now to Marwa will be 3rd and so on. Complete your all seven rounds. Your last seventh round will be at Mawra.
* Now go for Qasar (trimming hairs for females) or Halq (have razor/shave head for male).
Now your Umrah is complete. Restrictions and precautions which were while in the state of Ihram are ended now.